Lenscratch- Saturday, March 31, 2012
The series of images is called "Walls of Venice" are of pictures taken of the walls of the buildings in Venice. These pictures were interesting to me because it was rather conceptual, minimalistic, and I especially liked the use of colors and textures in these pictures.
I also particularly identified with the artist's motivation for making these images. Doug says that
"Each image is a study in composition and my vision of finding the art in the common, everyday scenes that are so often passed by without our noticing them. I find it exhilarating, this adventure, this searching, this quest for discovering the beauty in the ordinary."This statement is very similar to the inspiration for my current project, in finding beauty in the ordinary, discovering art in the common. I also found it interesting that the artist forewent the convention of taking pictures of the iconic scenes of the city. It is true that in a bustling city famous for their iconic sights, things like what is captured in these images are often ignored.
Prints of these images are now mounted on plexi, now displayed at the Intercontinental O'Hare Hotel in Chicago.

~ 0 comments: ~
~ Post a Comment ~