Monday, April 2, 2012

Google Reading Post 9




I was exploring behance.net/ where artists of sorts showcase their work. I stumbled upon the work of Philippe Lespirit from Paris, France. In his series "Landing", he photographs a lone man in a spacesuit in varying landscapes. The way Lespirit composes his pictures makes the landscapes seem very otherworldly, looking like they were in fact shot in space. I love the usage of panorama, and the vignette of the of the gradient color of the sky. Shadows and light was something that really makes these pictures for me.

It would be interesting to read an artist statement to hear his philosophy and inspiration behind this project. But my interpretation is that this might address the idea of extraterrestrial-ism, and how our Earth may seem otherworldly to other lifeforms from other planets. In fact, when I come to think of it, there may be places right here on Earth that may not look Earthly by certain people who have just never been exposed to these landscapes.

Check out his series here!

~ 0 comments: ~

~ Post a Comment ~

+

Blogger templates

Labels

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Blogroll

About