Sunday, February 12, 2012

WIP #1







I have always been able to be struck by the way nature can capture my attention. It is either by its grandness or delicate details that I am able to be entranced and inspired to capture it in the exact poignant exposure. My initial idea for this project was to just capture these stunning scenes as it has appeared in my vision.

The day photos I that I have taken are meant to be a light, airy, and refreshing – like refreshing lime and sparkling soda on a summer day. The details that I capture of nature in my pictures are meant to serve a narrative, something to tell the story about the tree, just like how wrinkles of an old lady tell viewer what she’s been through. The image of the little roots of the tree, partially submerged in the swamp, serve tell of the little miracles that happen in nature. The reflections on the surface of the water show how strong and still the tree stands even with the corrosive power of water.

The picture of the ominous clouds serves as an example of the grandness of nature. The pattern of the clouds allow for the bright sunlight to get through, creating a sense of hope despite the menacing scene. The forest scene was meant to serve a mysterious feeling, maybe causing viewer to question what had just happened at the scene.

~ 2 comments: ~

Dawn Roe says:
at: February 13, 2012 at 1:37 PM said...

Jackie, your images are beautiful - you have the part down no problem. You have a clear ability to capture/create/evoke beauty simply by virtue of paying attention to the natural world that surrounds you. Your challenge is to determine what you'd like to say about this beauty, about this majesty and grandiose mystery that you describe. Your summary statement indicates a few different directions/areas of focus - I think it will be useful to determine whether there is any link between the small narratives relating to the evolution of these natural materials that you are interested in, and your interest in the overwhelming and menacing aspects that you speak of when you describe the images of the sky and dark trees. Right now, those last two images I mentioned are quite distinct from the other more bright and cheery images - so you'll need to think a bit more critically about these questions when you are capturing/creating new images, and when you are selecting images to print. Keep going!

midnitexstar says:
at: February 13, 2012 at 6:46 PM said...

Thank you for your comment! :)

~ Post a Comment ~

+

Blogger templates

Labels

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Blogroll

About