

The power of angles and perception in photography are emphasized in in German photographer, Matthias Heiderich's "Specturm-One" series shot in Berlin. The photographer is influenced by urban landscape and architecture, graphic design and color. Playing with "forms, structures, and colors", he says when he goes out photographing, he likes to "search for patterns, lines, colors, the abstracts of the urban landscapes to transform them into something new". I especially liked his series because of the approach that he shoots in. I appreciate simple and conceptual art, because I believe it is hard to do so in a crowded world where everything seems to me quite "complicated", so to be able to deconstruct an environment to its fundamentals requires a good eye and analytical execution. Heiderich's minimalistic approach makes his photographs easy to digest, and I especially like his usage of deliberate placement of lines/ angles and high contrast colors. They make these pictures seem out of this world, from a cartoon land (Dr. Seuss, anyone?). The candy-colored palette makes these photographs look like a happy place. Also notice that his whole series is really of a few colors - muted cream, and pops of turquoise, , coral, orange and yellow.The color palette makes it simple enough to be minimalistic rather than being overwhelming whimsical pop-art colors.
I found the article about this artist on DesignTaxi.com, but his original content and full series is on his artist profile here.
Saturday, March 17, 2012

~ 0 comments: ~
~ Post a Comment ~